Tuesday 14 January 2014

Happy new year!!!

Into the season spirit, I have been having an absolute blast. I had a few weeks off over the break and nearly got everything done that I wanted to (except the boring labour intensive stuff around home).

Funnily enough, I managed to give the bike an absolute thrashing and there has been no issues!! I fitted new Supersprox sprockets and Regina gold chain and went over every inch of the bike. I refitted the Lithium battery and hey presto, for the first time since I have owned the machine it will start cold on the starter motor.
The natural terrain motocross track was opened up at Wyaralong, so I managed to venture out there for a few laps, but most of the time was using the rutted enduro tracks to work out where to tune my steed. A bit of suspension tuning and the bike is feeling a lot better (the rebound was up too far and trying to rip the bars out of my hands). I still may play with the compression on the forks, but overall very happy and looking forward to the new years lineup of rides and more so the two day events starting soon.
The break saw us pretty relaxed. We got everything we could have hoped for. Many gifts were given and many laughs shared with the ones dearest to us.
              

There were a few sore heads on the morning of the 1st January. I didn't know it yet, but i wasn't going to get any sleep as my little man had decided that it was a good day to get up early (about 40 minutes after I decided to go to bed). It was a good thing though. I get to hang out and watch the sun come up and play pirate ships for the next couple of hours.
I somehow know that this year is going to be different.  I feel like the world is my oyster. I have had a recent promotion at work, my bike is running smooth (touch wood), and I have a vintage project underway (I don't think that it will be completed in February for Murphy's Creek Vinduro).

This year I aim for smarter choices. I mean, I am not a complete numb nuts when it comes to decision making. But I would like to make healthier choices when it comes to well being and fitness. I am not going to be knocking in the door of the local gym any time soon, but I have the same focus for the new year as I always have - To be a better person.

I nearly shed a tear for this guy, not a great start to the new year. I have a friend with the same model. I hope that he was insured...

I was also saddened by other news, that it was an end of an era for the good old postie bike, Aus post will not longer buy the CT110! You will be sadly missed, and I am sure the mod culture on these machines will be even stronger in the coming year as the legend is remembered
Will talk more at you soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to hang out. We'll catch up soon!